The biggest question on our minds lately: HOW CAN WE CREATE MORE INCLUSIVE SPACES IN THE YOGA COMMUNITY? To get this big question answered, we want to hear from YOU. Join us at the Yoga As Social Justice Peace Fair on March 31st for a day of movement, community, and growth.
This day long event held in the heart of Tampa's Historic Seminole Heights District will include asana classes, learning lectures, and serenity circles all leading up to a Peace Talk: an opportunity to hear from the community about where we can make interventions within the yoga industry to be more inclusive.
We welcome EVERYONE to this event whether you are a teacher, practitioner, or someone interested in trying yoga. All identities are encouraged to come and share their voice and opinions on how we can change the face of yoga and increase accessibility.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- yoga + movement classes
- learning lectures
- donation based vendor market
- tea from our tea station
- snacks + nibbles throughout the day
- get your voice heard
- inclusive and diverse community
- Price: $25-50 sliding scale donation | scholarships available*
- Date: MARCH 31st, 2018
- TIME: 12-6pm (registration opens at 1130)
- Parking is limited and registration for a parking space will be required. We suggest car pooling, walking, and using UBER as you will NOT be able to park on site without prior registration
ON THE SCHEDULE SO FAR:
- Intro to Nonviolent Communication with Roene Zohler
- How to Be a Good Ally: Intro to Intersectionality with Devan Cheaves + Sabrina Lauredan
- Self Care for the Social Warrior with Kristen Prosen
- Yoga for Embodying the Divine Feminine FOR ALL WOMEN with Elizabeth Brackman + Amara Scianna
- Beginners Yoga: Widening your circle of Trust + Support with Leiko Bergers
- Serenity Circles + Mini Peace Talks with Leiko Bergers + Lorien Raquel
- AND MORE TO COME!
Stay tuned to updates to learn more about this amazing day long event. Space is limited so get your ticket now! We are still accepting class + talk proposals as well as communal donations and sponsorships for scholarships and support. If you are a vendor interested in offering donation based goods and services OR a business owner in the Tampa Area and would like to make a donation reach out to email@example.com.